6/25/2009

UCC General Synod 27 - 1

Tomorrow morning I'm heading out early to Grand Rapids, Michigan, for the United Church of Christ's 27th General Synod. This time I'm a delegate for the Illinois Conference. I'm also traveling tomorrow with Rev. Bob Dell, the chair and acting president of Pathways to Promise and one of the namesakes of the Bob and Joyce Dell award for the UCC's Mental Illness network.

Here are a few things I expect to experience during GS27

Discussing and voting on resolutions, more resolutions, and a few more resolutions.
Lively and uplifting worship
Spending time in the Congregational Vitality booth talking with folks about myUCC
Connecting in person with folks I usually only 'see' online
Seeing the "Immerse Yourself" photo mosaic. (I had a part in submitting a couple of dozen or more pictures for it.)

Music
The UCC Choir (I'm singing in it!)

Speakers

I'll be blogging and twittering (#gs27) the whole time!

No comments: