6/24/2009

Michigan campfire

Yesterday afternoon I made a 'pre-synod' trip to Michigan to connect with friends at this year's Illinois Conference UCC Habitat/Volunteer camp at Tower Hill Camp and Retreat Center in Sawyer, Michigan. This year's camp was scheduled for the same week I was headed to Grand Rapids for General Synod 27, so I hadn't organized a group to go. Ultimately the camp had an abbreviated schedule, which would have made it possible, but in the meantime we'd planned a later summer work trip with the youth and adults from Union Congregational, so we missed this year. I did want to spend a bit of time with the folks, however, so I came up in the late afternoon, shared a meal and then we spent the evening on the Lake Michigan beach with a campfire and campfire songs! Good times - if only for a few hours.
I think these are most of the songs I played last night


I'm planning on being a part of the camp next summer -- June 20-26, 2010 - how about you?

No comments: