1/12/2009

Wondering out loud

Here's this week's Bible study blog entry for i.ucc:

Sometimes a good “WOW!” really helps to lift my spirit. This week I’m on vacation on a tiny island in the Caribbean, and as I look out over the ocean and feel the cool breeze in my face, I think "WOW – this is so marvelous” and I can’t help but wonder out loud, “How much goodness and feelings of awe can one person experience?!”

I think that the experience of the Psalmist from this week’s reading from Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18, while not related to a wonderful experience on a tropical island, is nevertheless one that was inspired by a “WOW” moment and I think that it expresses the writer wondering out loud the wonder of God’s creation and God’s care for each of us. I think it wonders out loud how vast God’s thoughts are – and yet how in the hugeness that is God, there is room for something deeply personal between the psalmist and God.

  • What kinds of “WOW” moments have you experienced? 
  • What things have you wondered out loud about God? 
  • What other thoughts do you have this week?

No comments: