2/28/2008

Underneath the National Pastor's Convention 2008 - 5

Transformation.

That's what happened at this convention yesterday.

Things had been going along in a pretty ho-hum fashion for a bit -- though with some uplifting moments (and a few "This is a waste of time" moments too.) But by the end of the day where the underlying theme was Jesus' transformational power, this convention went from ho-hum to WOW! Here are some quick highlight thoughts:


  • Shane Claiborne -- hearing about what he's been doing in The Simple Way community is inspiring. But at the same time it's kind of disheartening as I realize I'll never do anything at all like that.
  • Brenda Salter McNeil -- This amazing and gifted preacher spoke of God's transformational power as it relates to the woman at the well. It was one of those times where you knew you were hearing a prophet speak.
  • House of Blues Gospel Hour. This is the kind of music that makes me jump up, clap my hands, dance, sing and generally look pretty silly. I didn't want the music to end -- even though we went 20-30 minutes long on our evening session!


I'm ready for another great day today.

No comments: