12/03/2006

Blogging NYWC Charlotte - Underneath the Convention 9

Reveal
Leigh Nash's voice is haunting.
I was in the general session area while she was doing a sound check (making sure the microphones and instruments were all set up correctly) and I noticed myself an others pause and listen intently while she was singing. When she sang for the whole group the reaction was the same. Her lyrics are deep and poetic -- to be sure, but it was the music and her voice that reached deep inside me and started to unravel whatever needs unraveling.
Phil Vischer's story is soul-grabbing.
I don't know what else to say about it. His question works best, I think.
  • What does it mean when you have a dream, God makes the dream happen and then the dream dies?

I felt like, and did, weep. I don't know exactly why.
What do I think God is revealing in all of this?
Less.
Less of what? Less of me and more of God? Less busy-ness and more time with God? Less irons in the fire and more contemplation on things more important?
I don't think so. I don't think that less means anything more than less. I don't know what it will come to mean or if it will mean anything else at all. I just believe that God is revealing less -- and I'm clueless
less.
less.

No comments: