There was a short article about me in the Warrenville Today newspaper (They're pretty new -- no web site that I know of) this week. It just told about what I've been doing -- with the headline "Pastor Gives Up Church for Lent." The phrase is, I admit, dramatic and fun -- I love to have the conversations with people about what it really means after I say it or they read it.
This week's "What did Kirk Do?" update. . .
- I'm a Little Teapot
- Brushing Your Teeth (inspired by some really bad breath in children at vacation Bible school.)
- The Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- I Always Go Potty in the Toilet (Each child heard Cassie and I sing this one during potty training)
- Change Your Diaper (I sang this one while changing my kid's diapers -- they don't remember it too well)
- Flush the Toilet Every Time (I think I still need to sing this one)
- I've been working on the Railroad
- London Bridge
- Dress Up Contest (A song I wrote and used to sing to my kids to help them get ready)
- Seek Justice (I recorded this yesterday -- inspired by Micah 6:8 and a trip to Back Bay Mission in Biloxi, Mississippi in 2004)
- Sabbatical (The next chapter of me trying to make a belching machine)
- grosstheology.com (The site to promote the book I'm writing during sabbatical)
- I also wrote the belching lesson and started on the wounds lesson
Book I'm reading
Wow -- that's a lot.