3/11/2006

Another Week

Two weeks of sabbatical --- and if you're keeping score, here's some of what I've done -- at least from a production standpoint:

If You're Happy and You Know it (2006) mp3
The Muffin Man (2006) mp3
Old MacDonald (2006) mp3
Don't Brush Your Teeth While You're Driving (2006) mp3 (not really a children's song -- just some fun from a real news report)
Marching Around the Room (2006) mp3
B-I-N-G-O (2006) mp3
Sabbatical (2006) A short documentary in process video
Help Me (Psalm 88) (2006) mp3 (This is a song of anguish -- inspired by Psalm 88 -- it's not a children's song)
Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (2006) mp3

Head Shoulders Knees and Toes is the one I recorded yesterday. I think it turned out pretty well. But my wife says that I am in a harmony rut.

I also have done almost nothing on the book. Watch for something new on that next week.

I started reading this week -- Soul Searching : The Religious and Spiritual Lives of American Teenagers from Oxford University Press. It's not a quick read, but I am positive that it is worth the effort. It uses empirical evidence from the National Study of Youth and Religion survey to challenge what many experts have been saying about youth for years. I heard that they're also producing a video companion (for those of us without 6 weeks of sabbatical to read the book) but I don't know when it will come out.

I'm going to go read more.

No comments: