Artist: Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams
Song: Get Lucky
Album: Random Access Memories
By: Kirk Moore
There are so many things worth celebrating
What won't you give up on?
There's no denying that Daft Punk's latest retro disco dance track is mostly about connecting with someone and almost entirely about sex. And yet there's more to it.
We've come too far to give up who we are.
- How far have you come in your life?
- What things do you really celebrate?
- What things are you unwilling to give up?
Wait a minute. Beer? Wine? Forgetting misery? What is that doing in the Bible? Why do you think it's there?
- What do you think about the next part? How do you think celebrating and persevering are connected to living for justice?
- How is who you are connected to speaking up for the rights of others?
- How does being in relationship with and attending to one another connect to your understanding of the different possible meanings of "Get Lucky?"
- What hasn't been said that you'd like to talk about?