5/05/2012

The Avengers

A Saturday matinee seemed appropriate to see the latest in the Marvel Superheroes Serials.  Here's my short review:

I loved this movie.

Here's a little more:
  • If you're not familiar with the lead-up films to this one, pay close attention to the first 10-15 minutes.  If you are familiar, use that time to get re-acquainted and to rest for the ride that begins afterwards and lasts for the rest of the movie.
  • Robert Downey jr.'s Tony Stark gets the best lines in the movie, but Scarlett Johansson's Romanoff and Mark Ruffalo's Hulk are close seconds (I'll call it a tie with those two) 
  • That said, every character in this movie is outstanding. No one hogs the screen, yet none are forgettable, either.
  • The special effects don't look like special effects.  
 Did I mention I loved this movie?  I did.  I do. I'll see it again.

No comments: