9/29/2011

Widening the Welcome 2 -- 1

I'm in Columbus, Ohio for the second national Widening the Welcome conference.  This weekend we're gathering to discuss, learn about, and find ways for congregations to truly include persons with disabilities and persons with mental illness/brain disorders and their families. Not only that, but this movement within the United Church of Christ seeks to help make inclusion for all a continuing reality in our congregations.

For the past couple of years I've been working on the planning committee for our events and also maintaining the website and email list.  This year I brought along a guitar, too (I'm acting as the conference music director)

I'll be posting a few blog entries throughout the conference (hence the confusing 2 -- 1 number scheme in the title) tweeting with the #wideningthewelcome hashtag (do I need to say hashtag if I just used one?   I don't think so, but I did anyway) and even posting a few updates on our Facebook page.

I am really looking forward to this year's conference.  It's always great to widen the welcome.

No comments: