7/25/2011

Changed My Name

This week's Bible 'reflection' is based on Genesis 32:22-31.   Jacob fought with the messenger all night and then got a name change.  I got together with two of my children and one of their friends to record a "Spiritual Blues" version of the song, "Changed Mah Name"

Here are the lyrics:

Changed My Name
Spiritual – Adapted by Kirk Moore

I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name
I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name
I told Jesus it would be all right
It seems we’ve been struggling all of the night
I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name

Jesus told me I would have to live humble
If he changed my name
Jesus told me I would have to live humble
If he changed my name
Jesus told me I would have to live humble
Don’t you forget about this all-night rumble
Jesus told me I would have to live humble
If he changed my name

Jesus told me that the world would be against me
If he changed my name
Jesus told me that the world would be against me
If he changed my name
Jesus told me that the world would be against me
But my love is for all – friend and adversary
Jesus told me that the world would be against me
If he changed my name

I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name
I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name
I told Jesus it would be all right
Keep me from resentment, arrogance, and spite
I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name

I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name

I told Jesus it would be all right
If he changed my name

No comments: