2/19/2011

Never Say Never

Yes.  I went to see the 3d music documentary about young Justin's amazing musical journey so far.  I have a 13 year old son who wanted to see it.  Here's my short review:

I understand Bieber fever a little more now.  It hardly ever made me want to throw up.

Here's a little more:
  • Truth -- this is a really well made musical documentary.  Powerful storytelling and excellent concert footage!
  • Confession -- I would not really have considered seeing this film if not for watching the "Bieber Fever" episode of Glee last week.
  • The emotions are powerful and don't seem forced at all.  That "throw up" comment I made was mostly about all the crying and screaming young girls.  Go ahead, call me heartless.
  • Props to young Bieber's hair mocking scene.
  • Unanswered question:  Justin's mom figures prominently in this film, but Dad, while present, is almost absent.  What's the relationship with Justin and his Dad at present?
  • Usher? Miley Cyrus? Jaden Smith? Sean Kingston? Ludacris? Boyz II Men? Snoop? What a great lineup of Bieber fans and collaborators!

I'm guessing there will be another Bieber concert film within 4 years.

No comments: