6/12/2010

Karate Kid

I went to see a Friday night show of the Will Smith produced, Jackie Chan, and Jaden Smith starring remake of the 1984 cult hit. Here's my short review.

I didn't expect it, but this is a great film.

Here's a little more.

I've got to give credit to the director -- these characters were all believable. Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith were outstanding.
Props to Taraji P. Henson. I can't wait to see some of her upcoming films
Great scenery - shots of the Great Wall and the Forbidden City were great on the big screen.
I found myself repeating lines of dialog from the first film that were either the same or close. But even though this is a remake, it has something new to offer. (I love Jackie Chan's interpretation of the time Mr. Han rescues young Dre from bullies. It is so Jackie Chan!)
This is a long film, though I didn't really notice.
This film is about Kung Fu. I'm guessing "The Kung Fu Kid" wasn't going to sell as many tickets, though.

I think a Karate Kid (1984) and Karate Kid (2010) video viewing night is coming soon to the Moore house.

No comments: