3/23/2009

Love songs

Here's this week's Bible study blog entry for i.ucc:

I love to hear a good R & B love song. Let me listen to the soothing sounds of Barry White or Brian McKnight (I’ve been watching Celebrity Apprentice this season – and loved his singing on last night’s episode) with a song that celebrates people in love.

This week’s reading from Jeremiah 31:31-34 has a great love ballad line in it. I can hear the smooth tones of a singer belting it out with every bit of their soul:

I will write it on your hearts
Even though we broke apart
There’s no teaching left to do
Because you know that I love you

A brand new slate we’ll start
It don’t matter who you are
Because my love is always true
And remember. . I love you.

Sappy? Sure – but add some instruments, harmonies and a driving chorus -- and we’ve got a love song!

How does this week’s reading move you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dude!
I've just been thinking about you guys recently, and BAM! Found ya thanks to Facebook :)

A really interesting passage... loves it! I think it speaks to me on many levels.

Please drop me a line and let me know how you're doing. Lots of love!
-- Julie Gansberg