7/11/2008

Tomato Sawyer & Huclkeberry Larry's Big River Rescue

I watched the newest VeggieTale adventure last night. (I know - it's for kids -- but there's so much in these adventures for adults to laugh at too!) Here's my short review:

Pretty standard VeggieTale fun.

Here's a bit more -- mostly little things that adults will notice more than children will.

I noticed quite a few intentional or unintentional references or homages to the following: (Can you find them too?)
  • Cheers
  • All My Children
  • Monty Python
  • Brokeback Mountain (I'm thinking unintentional on this one)
  • VeggieTales – The Gourds Must Be Crazy
  • Gunsmoke (maybe?)
  • The Wizard of Oz (just a little)
  • The Dukes of Hazzard
  • The Dark Knight (the LarryBoy way)
  • Keystone Cops/Melodrama
There's a train from Muscatine to Lombard?
Watch the end crowd scene to find some favorite Veggie characters from the past

The Silly song this time . . . It's OK -- but I don't think it'll be one I sing for no apparent reason.

Looking forward to the next one . . .

No comments: