5/17/2008

Prince Caspian

I saw the Saturday matinee of the newest Chronicles of Narnia movie adaptation. Here's my short review:

"An epic Narnian adventure that's almost as good as LWW, but not quite."

Here's a little more:

  • In all fairness, I liked LWW as a book better than PC as a book -- so the fact that I liked LWW as a movie better than PC would follow.
  • Amazing visuals in this film -- and the CGI is awesome!
  • I love how stories that were written decades ago still can make a bit of political commentary on today's world.
  • Two favorite characters: Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin and Eddie Izzard as Reepicheep
    There's a dramatic lull about 2/3 of the way through the film. I wonder what Andrew Adamson had in mind with that?
  • If you're going to see the film for the epic battle scenes, you won't be disappointed.
My favorite film of the summer has yet to be released . . .

No comments: