1/25/2008

Rambo

I just experienced the fourth film featuring Sylvester Stallone's John Rambo. Here's my short review:

Extraordinarily violent and gruesome. Unexpectedly compassionate and heartwarming.

Here's a little more:

John Rambo is getting old -- but he is still John Rambo (Stallone's HGH treatment helped with that, eh?)
The violence in this film is beyond just about any I've seen in a movie.
There's a hopelessness running through the whole film, but somehow there's hope woven through it.
I don't know if we're talking Oscar-worthy performances, but I was moved.
The special effects, however, are Oscar-worthy.
This is not at all a family-friendly film

Favorite characters:

Sylvester Stallone as John Rambo
Julie Benz as Sarah
Matthew Marsden as School Boy

The Rambo franchise is now complete.

No comments: