5/29/2007

Cicada news

Today my youngest and I are in a small picture on the front page of the Chicago Tribune! I didn't find the picture in the online edition though. (So I put together this little composite so you can see it) Then there's an article about eating cicadas on page 14. That one is in the online edition. It has a quote from me and it says that I'm the pastor of "a United Methodist Church near Sandwich." That was close -- I'm the Pastor of Union Congregational Church in Somonauk.

Here's the update of all the cicada fun I've been having:

I guess all that's left is dessert . . .

8 comments:

traci said...

coolest. thing. ever.

Kirk said...

Andrew had a blast at school today!

Bud said...

Kirk
I had to run out and find a trib they can be hard to find out here in the sticks. Still havent seen any here in Shabbona.

Karen said...

Joe caught the article yesterday morning-- I had to shudder while reading it. The thought of eating those bugs-- ewww! :)

Congrats on the fame!

Mary Anne said...

You are such a cretive guy. What willyo think of next. You make life fun and interesting for the whole family. We are proud of you. Love ya Mom Coburn

Kirk said...

We've got a copy posted at church somewhere.

Kirk said...

If you can get past the "ewwww!" factor they're not too bad!

Kirk said...

Fun and interesting -- I think that's another way to say, "You're pretty weird -- but we love you anyway!" :)