7/07/2014

Siblings



Esau and Jacob didn’t like each other. Before they were born, they fought. When they were being born, they fought. Jacob came out grabbing at Esau’s heel. Their parents didn’t treat them equally and they lived their lives in a state of conflict.

Jacob schemed to get the better of Esau. One day he did. Esau traded his birthright for a meal.

I feel a connection with Esau. He worked hard. I think he was honest and likely very kind.

I have a completely opposite feeling about Jacob. He schemed. He was dishonest. He was sneaky.

I don’t like the conflict. I don’t like the sneakiness. I don’t like the beginning of this story of Jacob and Esau.

And thought I feel a connection with Esau, I know that I have and likely will again act like Jacob.

I’m glad it’s not the end of the story.

No comments: