God’s neighborhood is like:
- A mustard seed
- A merchant in search of fine pearls
- A net thrown into the sea
- The master of a household
You get it, right?
This week’s Bible reading from Matthew 13: 31-33, 44-52 gives offers opportunities to get confused and then start thinking. Here’s are a few thoughts for pondering:
- The mustard seed: It seems so little – but has huge potential
- Yeast: Favors rising over falling
- The merchant: Might miss other valuable things in the search
- The net: It includes everyone.
- The master: A cultural misstep that forgets about the worth of all.