3/10/2014

Between



This week’s short Bible reading from Genesis 12:1-4a describes some of the beginning of a journey. God told Abram go to the land God would show him.  God promised blessing.  And Abram went.

I wonder what occurred between the part where God told Abram to go and Abram went?

  • Questions
  • Fear
  • Doubt
  • Arguments
  • Plans
  • Packing
  • Unpacking
  • Packing again
  • Second-guessing
  • Questions
  • Fear
  • Doubt
  • Arguments

 And then maybe going?

I think we often have gotten this idea that God told Abram to go and Abram picked up and went.  The Bible doesn’t hold back on all the adventure after Abram left. I wish there was a little more description about the adventure that came before the journey started.

Why? Because that’s where we live. I think that’s where most of humanity now lives and where humanity has lived for generations. I want to know about the doubts and the fears that took place before Abram just up and left. I know I can’t be positive that Abram had doubts and fears and questions and arguments about the whole “go” thing, but the rest of the story shows a significant amount of confusion, doubt, mistakes, and failures. 

No comments: