2/11/2014

Belligerence

“I can’t even talk to you as an adult.  You’re such a child!”
“You have to stop arguing – stop behaving like humans!”
“None of us does anything really important.  God does everything”
“But let’s work together.”

In this week’s Bible reading from 1 Corinthians 3:1-9, I think his highness Paul (yeah – I’m showing the spiritual gift of sarcasm here) once again forgot about the wonderful advice from Proverbs 15:  A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Or . . . people hear kind words and their message well.  Belligerent words cloud the message so much folks never hear it.

One step further.

Belligerent words do reinforce a message when it is aimed at folks who agree with the message.  They do the exact opposite for folks in disagreement.

Yeah. Time to take my own advice, I know.

No comments: