11/09/2012

Skyfall

It's been quite some time since I've been to the movie theatre to see a current release.  Today seemed like a good day to break the September-Early November film fast I've been on.  I saw the latest Bond film.  Here's my short review

Vintage Bond is back -- and forth.

Here's a little more:
  • This 007 movie has everything you love about Bond films.
  • I think I have now decided that Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond (but Sean Connery is a close second)
  • Javier Bardem is a very different Bond villian -- and it works fantastically.
  • I first say Ben Whishaw in The Hour.  He is spectacular in this film
  • All the characters are wonderfully done.  And there's a bonus character not played by any actor.  I loved the appearance of the 1965 Aston Martin DB5.

If you like Bond -- you'll love this film.  If you're not a Bond fan, it's still worth your time.

No comments: