Listen to some notable ‘It is better to’ quotes:
- “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt” -- Mark Twain (also ascribed to Abraham Lincoln)
- “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front.” -- Nelson Mandela
- “It is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so.” -- Josh Billings – 19th century comedian
- “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” -- Chinese Proverb
- “It is better to give than to receive.” -- Acts 20:35
- “It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.” -- John Stuart Mill -- 19th century philosopher
- “It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.”-- Alfred Lord Tennyson – 19th century poet
- “It is better to know some of the questions, than all of the answers.” – James Thurber – 20th century author
- It is better to do right than to believe right. (No controversy there, right?:)
- It is better to ask questions than know answers (similar to James Thurber, eh?)
- It is better to wonder than to know.
- “It is better to look good than to feel good.” - Fernando Lamas (You look mahvelous!)
- “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;” Psalm 84:10a (TNIV)
If you were going to start making a list, what ‘better’ items would you put on it?