I wrote this one recently. I think it's due to appear in the reTuned section of their newly-released edition (YLO 85) and today they released it as one of their online freebies.
Song: Party Rock Anthem
Album: Sorry for Party Rocking
By: Kirk Moore
Are you sure you want to lose your mind?
Are you familiar with the internet acronym LMFAO? Look it up, and then, as you blush, try to think of other possible meanings for the abbreviation. Ask your students if they can come up with some clean, intelligent alternatives. Here are some to get you started:
- Learning much from alternate opinions.
- Lighting markers for alien onset.
- Linking my fortune around opulence.
- Locating microscopic fossils and organisms.
- What things are you so sure about that you don’t ever ask questions?
- What would you be willing to completely lose your mind over?
Colossians 2:8 Calls readers to be wary of being led astray with high-sounding nonsense.
Isaiah 1:14-18 recalls God’s invitation to turn from hypocritical religious actions and instead “argue it out” with God.
- What questions would you ask God if you were sitting down for a chat right now?
- What questions do you think would be off-limits?
- What do you really wonder about?