This week we encounter, again, a scheming, dishonest, sneaky Jacob. This time he has cheated his brother out of the family blessing. His brother was out to kill him and Jacob was on the run.
Jacob’s ways continue to bother me. But this week’s reading isn’t about Jacob’s mistakes. It is about how God is present in the best of times and in the worst of times. God is present with us when we do the right thing and when we fail miserably.
- If you’re running, God is with you
- If you’re standing still, God is with you
- If you’re celebrating, God is with you.
- If you’ve failed, God is with you.
- If you’re doing wrong, God is with you.