7/06/2011

Imagine What's Possible. UCC General Synod 2011 - 5

General Synod #28 in Tampa is a wrap.  Here are a few thoughts from the last day.

Speakout!:  I got 60 seconds to share a few words about Widening the Welcome at the morning plenary.  If you saw it I hope you still remember -- Widening the Welcome . . . wideningthewelcome.com, that's wideningthweelcome.com. . .
Breezing through resolutions:  on the last day of Synod, we discussed and voted on no less than 13 resolutions.  News reports on all of the resolutions are here.  I don't think I can single out a few as the "most important" resolutions.  Each item we discussed is important and displays our commitment to love and to justice.
New friends at dinner:  I got to "crash" a Southern California Nevada Conference Dinner at a local restaurant.  What a great group of people.  I'm really looking forward to staying in touch and then spending a week with them in 2013 at General Synod #29 in Long Beach, California!
Closing Worship: The music was uplifting.  The preaching was challenging.  The focus on youth as the church of today was outstanding.  Seeing the character and the passion of youth in the United Church of Christ give me hope for . . . today.  Youth and Young Adults in the UCC, you are the church now.

I leave synod refreshed and motivated.  I'm also ready for a few "play" days at my parent's place in Florida.  I get home on Friday.

No comments: