5/20/2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

I saw an opening day matinee of the latest Johnny-Depp-as-Keith-Richards Pirate film.  Here's my short review:

Like an action movie amusement ride with a story that arrives near the end.

Here's a little more:
  • I liked this movie.  Where the story was hardly present, the action, visuals, characters, and music more than made up.
  • Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is, again, worth the price of admission.
  • Favorite short, depth-filled line during the "not much of a story" part: "Who are you to put a limit on redemption?"  Who is anyone?
  • Astrid Berges-Frisbey doesn't have a huge role, but I think we'll be seeing much more of her in Hollywood.


Of course there will be another one.  I will see it, too.

No comments: