1/10/2011

Calling

Here's this week's Bible reflection:

Sometimes I am positive that God has called me to be a minister by vocation. Things work out. People are helped to journey further in their relationship with God.  I can’t imagine doing anything else for a vocation, at all.

And other times, I think, “What in the world am I doing? Why did I want this job? How fast can I learn to do something else?

And then I continue on the journey of faith that continues to guide me as a minister, called by God.

I don’t think that frustration, difficulty, or doubt diminish the calling to serve God. In this week’s Bible reading from Isaiah 49:1-7, the prophet walks between certainty of God’s call and questions whether his work has been for anything. 

And they continue on the journey of faith and continue to rely on God’s strength.

We’re not alone in our certainty. We’re not alone in our doubts. We’re not alone in our celebrations. We’re not alone in our sadness. We’re not alone on the continuing journey.

No comments: