Stunning, stirring, loving, and just a little bit boring.
Here's a little more
- I think this was an attempt to give the Robin Hood legend the Lord of the Rings films treatment. While this is a good film, it does not rise to LOTR levels.
- Is there a social message? Of course there is! But I don't think there's a political agenda that is targeted to 2010. Those who seek justice in the world have been around since. . . forever.
- Favorite character, without a doubt, is Kevin Durand's Little John. It's worth the price of admission to see him.
- It was also fun to see ER's Scott Grimes as Will Scarlet, though I think it was a little like seeing Archie Morris play Will Scarlet.
- Mark Strong seems to be everywhere these days. His villainous Godfrey is pretty mean, too.