An Oscar-worthy Clooney performance in a movie that is not at all uplifting.
Here's a little more:
- Pre-movie conversation with George Clooney and his agent: GC: "I want to make one of those really good, kind of depressing movies where I get to play a character that will be natural for me, but still a little bit of a stretch. That way I can win some awards." A: "Up in the Air will be perfect."
- (Mild spoiler?) There are a few moments in this film that give you hope for the central characters. You tend to forget them, tho.
- I love the entire supporting cast.
- There is so much hurt and defeat and sadness in this film I feel bad for thinking that it's a good movie.
- The movie ends by remaining true to the title.
Great film. I'm not so sure you should go see it, however.