11/16/2009

The Truth

Here's this week's Bible study blog entry for i.ucc:

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32
I am the way and the truth and the life – no one comes to the father except through me. John 14:6

The word “Truth” is in the Bible between 130 and 300 times (depending on which translation you are using.)
That is way more than preach (about a dozen times), way less than Love (over 500 times) and about the same as money.

Does that mean that truth is way more important than preaching, way less important than love, and about as important as money?

Some would make that leap. I will not.

So what does that mean? I don’t know.
I have heard people debate what is true. I have heard people argue the very nature of the word truth – if it could really exist – if there is absolute truth . . .
The numbers game and the endless debate are tiring.

Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice – says Jesus

Instead of focusing on “What is the nature of truth?” or "What is truth?” Let's focus on what Jesus said. How do we belong to the truth – how do we listen?

What will we do to listen the voice of Jesus – to the voice of the stillspeaking God – to experience, to know, and to belong the truth?

No comments: