9/25/2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Last weekend, Cassie, Andrew and I went to see the loosely-based animated screen adaptation of Judi Barrett's 1978 book. Here's my short review:

Great fun, lots of laughs and a lesson to learn in a movie that truly works for all ages.

Here's a little more --

Leave it to a cartoon to make a grown man living in a treehouse in his Dad's backyard a little less creepy than it might have been.
Whenever Steve the Monkey 'shouted' out "Steve!" I simultaneously thought of the movies "Multiplicity" and "Up."
Mr. T deserves a significant award for his portrayal of Earl Deveraux -- maybe a Kid's Choice Award for favorite voice from an animated movie. He presence changes this movie from good to great.
I think I laughed the hardest when Steve was throwing chocolate ice cream balls.

I don't know why this movie was relegated to the September throwaway releases. It's a great film!

No comments: