A senior pastor and youth pastor shares from inside both minds
Things I wish every youth pastor knew
Things I wish every senior pastor knew
- If you treat your senior pastor as an out of touch boss, they won’t recognize you as a partner in ministry.
- Yes – the senior pastor makes a whole lot more salary than you do. They know it too. They have spent many years in this career.
- Try to involve the senior pastor in the faith journey of the students you serve. You might even want to invite them to an "ask the senior pastor" night at youth group!
- Vacation isn’t an event where you supervise youth.
- The youth of the church are not the church of tomorrow – they are the church of today. So are the children, young adults, parents, empty nesters, seniors . . . everyone!
- Your presence is important in the lives of the youth. It’s important in the lives of everyone at the church you serve.
I’d love to hear some of your thoughts, as well. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org