2/23/2009

Don't forget!

Here's this week's Bible study blog entry for i.ucc:

We’re beginning our Lenten journey together. Will our prayer be like the one of the Psalmist from Psalm 25:1-10?

I trust you, God.
Please don’t let me down
Don’t let my enemies win
Let the ones who aren’t on your side be disgraced
Show me what to do, God
But don’t forget that you said you’d show love and mercy!
Please forget the things I’ve done wrong
Just remember that you love me – always
You’re the best, God – you lead everyone on the journey
You guide those who are humble
The ones who follow you will find unending love and faithfulness


Does God need a reminder? Does God need buttering up? Does God need a guilt trip?
I feel like I want to pray part of the prayer and then discard other parts of it.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: