God’s neighborhood is like:
- A mustard seed
- A merchant in search of fine pearls
- A net thrown into the sea
- The master of a household
This week’s Bible reading from Matthew 13: 31-33, 44-52 gives us more opportunities to get confused and then start talking about what we think it means. Here’s a little of what I think when I read:
- The Mustard seed: It seems so little – but it has so much to offer!
- Yeast: It lifts you up!
- The merchant: It knows what is worthwhile
- The net: It includes everyone.
- The master: Realizes the worth of everyone.