7/20/2008

The Dark Knight

It's the beginning of vacation -- and we decided to head to Longmont, CO to see the film everyone's talking about. Here's my short review.

This film sets a new standard for action movies -- Brilliant!

Here's a little more:

  • I love that the A+ list of actors in this film interact with each other so well. There's no show-stealing despite several magnificent performances.
  • That said -- I was blown away by Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. Amazing.
  • I think that for several years to come, folks will see movies and say things like, "Well, it's no Dark Knight, but it's pretty good anyway."
  • I left the theatre knowing I had just seen a well crafted masterpiece - and I still want more.
Delicious, creepy, enjoyable and haunting -- I highly recommend The Dark Knight.

No comments: