6/21/2008

Habitat/Volunteer camp 2008 - 1

Tomorrow I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt to church. I think I'll also wear work boots

During worship, we'll commission 5 of us as we prepare to travel to Sawyer, Michigan for the Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ's Habitat/Volunteer camp. (page 12)

First stops - (after lunch) Willowcrest and Ironwood care centers in Sandwich, IL - We'll sing some songs and share about our upcoming trip

Then it's off to Tower Hill camp. I don't know exactly what we'll be working on this week, but I do know that the 5 from Union Congregational UCC will be joined by adults and students from several other congregations in the Illinois Conference.

I'll post a few times if the internet connection cooperates -- if not, I'll post when we return. In either case I'll be twittering quick updates.

No comments: