Visually stunning, dramatically fascinating and cinematically "retro-redefining."
I made up that last word.
Here's a little more:
- I was transported back to my kindergarten-aged self as I watched and was thoroughly engaged by this film.
- I think the anime-inspired storytelling was spot on.
- The visuals were kind of like a turbocharged Dr. Suess world.
- The drama wasn't completely unlike an after school special.
- Christina Ricci looks the most anime of any character in this film. Are her eyes digitally enhanced?
- These Wachowski brothers have extraordinary imagination and talent.