2/08/2008

Juno

Yes, I finally saw the latest "indie" film wunderkind today. Here's my short review:

"The best film I've seen in a long time."

Here's a little more":

  • I love this film. It's funny, sad, heartwarming, gut-wrenching and uplifting.
  • Ellen Page should absolutely win the best actress oscar. (Ok, that's probably not fair -- I haven't seen any of the other films where the lead actress was nominated, but still!)
  • Micheal Cera is really good at playing the character he plays in . . . every movie. I'd like to see him do something different, too.
  • Every character in this film felt genuine.
  • The storytelling was compelling.
  • I recommend this film to just about anyone (Well, not my 10 year old, but anyone teenager and up!)
  • Someday, not too far in the future, people will be saying things like, "It's this year's Juno!" and "This film affects me the way Juno did."
Juno will have a long, long life on DVD.

No comments: