A fun, inspiring but a little slow moving children's film that really gets going near the end.
Here's a little more:
- Nice digital sets, vivid colors and characters. They don't of course, have the depth of "supposed to look real" cgi characters -- but they look wonderfully 'cartoony.'
- Though there is no overt religious content in this one, excellent Bible themes and even easy-to-recognize Christian symbolism is all over the place. If you're not looking for it you'd likely miss it, though.
- If this movie was shorter, I think it would have been better.
- Be sure to stay to the end -- before and after the credits -- for what I think is the best part of the movie.
- I think the Christian reviewers will love this movie and the secular reviewers will think it's cute, but not great.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (any of them)
- The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
- The Golden Compass
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- The Wizard of Oz
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
- Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
- Terminator 2 - Judgment Day
- Lord of the Rings (any of the films)
- Criss Angel Mindfreak