I went to the midnight show with two of my kids Thursday night. I like the "midnight opening" culture that I get to experience when a big movie premieres.
The culture was the best thing about this opening, however.
In a three-word review for Spiderman 3:
Not too good.
Here's something a bit longer
- The characters were more shallow than I remember in the first two. I know the intent was to give them more depth - but I don't think it worked.
- The movie pace was unbelievably fast. No falling asleep in this one!
- The special effects were amazing. Everything looked real.
- The plot(s) were too many and too "unexplained" I found it tiring (not sleep-inducing" wondering why things were happening in this film.
- The slapstick moments weren't always funny. Sometimes they were just distracting.
I'd still go see Spiderman 4, tho.