3/09/2006

Somber B-I-N-G-O

Kid's songs are fun.
Watching kids sing, clap, dance and jump around is fun too!
I'm still having such fun recording children's music. B-I-N-G-O yesterday.

So of course, yesterday afternoon I had to do something different. A couple of years ago, while I was lamenting that praise music is always so "up", hopeful and somewhat unrealistic to the way people feel much of the time, I found a Psalm that really had a different flavor. I found many Psalms and other passages of scripture that sound hopeless, lost and anguished.

Psalm 88 has a poetic sadness to it. It has genuine anguish with little or no hope. It sounds like something genuine. It sounds like something we all might sing at one time or another. I put together a tune and worked the words into a song called "Help Me (Psalm 88)" It's not a kid's song at all. But it's real. Here's my first attempt at a song that doesn't bounce.

Oh -- yesterday was a great day, by the way.

No comments: