5/11/2005

About Faith

I was listening to a preacher talking about faith this morning.

It always gets me thinking . . .

If faith -- as I am thinking, can be defined as "confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing."

And even though I continue to be a person who regularly doubts, yet trusts that God has the big picture in a way that I could not even begin to imagine

And I also know that I not at all trustworthy because I do have doubts.

How is it that faith continues to be a constant, confident belief even though I doubt?

I trust that even faith is coming from God. The ability to confidently believe in the one who reconciles the world comes from the reconciler.

Is that circular without any good reason for understanding or believing it?

That's faith

No comments: