4/12/2005

Sweet and Sick

I was still sick this morning . . . But I had been to a fantastic first day to be trained to run the ALPHA program. Nicky Gumbel is the kind of minister that makes be glad to be a minister.

So I got up, took Advil, and headed off today.

What a disappointment.

Nicky was still great -- as was Jamie. But the other two presenters came across as coming from a position of power and superiority -- Instead of humbleness and encouragement.

The whole ALPHA program, as I understand, is about providing an open and safe environment for people who are in a place to talk about, learn more about, and experience real Christianity.

The second day of the conference didn't feel that way.

I believe the program is wonderful -- but the training was only half wonderful -- half angering

No comments: